Tuesday, May 8

in the garden, today




Working in the garden today, all together.  It's one of my favorite ways to enjoy outside.

Jack mowed the big yard.  Then he spent a bit more time raking up some of the mown grass so I could mulch the new vegetable bed.

I double dug an area for a new crop this year...potatoes.  Seems simple, but we'll see.  Got half of them planted, so more digging is in my future. 

Lena & PJ picked "helicopters" out of the two planted beds, which was very helpful!  They chatted away with me while doing it.  I had the chance to explain to Lena about how row planting helps us to better see where the weeds are. 


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Now the question is who is going to keep ahead of the weeds? What fun to be outdoors with those three little workers. Love, Janenne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!